General Ponderings on Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind Over Body

3 posters

Go down

Mind Over Body Empty Mind Over Body

Post  TN Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:54 pm

Dear users,
I'd like to hear your thoughts. I'm thinking in particular about the 'heartstop' a lot of performers have performed during the last years. That most of the heartstops or maybe all are easily faked we I know, I just want to give an example.
But since it is possible to at least slow down your heartbeat, I'd like to know your thoughts about in what extent the mind is able to control the body.

:-)

TN

Back to top Go down

Mind Over Body Empty Re: Mind Over Body

Post  Admin Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:37 pm

Well, you are right. It is possible to 'fake' these effects. But remember, most magic tricks are based in reality, or stories and myths. Slowing down your heart beat is a very old practice, and happens especially while in deep trances or meditation. Also, if you take certain medication together with these practices; you can appear to be completely dead for quite some time.

Remember, matter (including your body) is made up of energy; and all energy can be controlled Wink

Admin
Admin

https://ponderings.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SGbear Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:24 am

The mind can alter the chemistry of the body, it is scientific fact. Think of something sad and you can produce tears. Think of something that produces anxiety and a host of physical problems present themselves. People seeing someone they love trapped underneath a car, for example, have sometimes exhibited "superhuman" strength and lifted the car. The mind is a powerful instrument.

SGbear

Back to top Go down

Post  TN Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:36 pm

Yes, or only think of people who for example have a broken leg that hurts. When they're immediate danger they often don't feel the pain anymore and are able to run.
As you said, the mind is powerful... Maybe more than we believe it to be.

TN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down