General Ponderings on Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of Body Experiences

2 posters

Go down

Out of Body Experiences Empty Out of Body Experiences

Post  Admin Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:05 pm

Please share your thoughts on this subject :-)

Admin
Admin

https://ponderings.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Out of Body Experiences Empty OBE

Post  SGbear Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:55 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-body_experience

Read this and tell me what you think.

SGbear

Back to top Go down

Out of Body Experiences Empty Re: Out of Body Experiences

Post  Admin Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Interesting. I'm pretty sure they are all connected... OBE, astral projection, lucid dreaming etc. In my opinion we have not even begun to figure out how the brain and human consciousness works. If you think about it, even dreams are an unexplained phenomenon.

Might it be possible that our 'consciousness' goes beyond our bodies? Our five senses already does that - I can sense a dog across the street by hearing him, even though I can't see, smell or touch him...

Maybe OBE is not exactly our 'spirits leaving our bodies', but rather our 'consciousness expanding'?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SGbear Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:43 am

well I think you're right. Though not only consciousness expanding but to be consciously aware of stimuli which most people are not. There are two sayings that I have in my favorite quote section that this reminds me of...

You can observe a lot just by watching. ~Yogi Berra

'Many eyes go through the meadow, but few see the flowers in it.’ ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

People look, but often they don't see. I don't think we utilize even the senses that we are aware of to anything of their fullest potential.

How do you explain ESP for instance? Is it really a psychic prediction of the future, or the utilization of facts at a given time that can predict a future outcome.

I have no doubt that some people are more sensitve to "supernatural" experiences. But are these people only sensitive, or are they just open to it and conscious of the existance of something that has occured that others would have ignored.

Most people are afraid to think, so how can they even be in touch with the full potential of the mind and their senses?

Now, I am very good at lucid dreaming. When I have a dream I can feel myself watching myself or the action in the dream and questioning why this or that is happening in the dream, and sometimes even change the outcome of the actions in the dream. I learned how to do this through a course. The first step was to remember your dreams. you will find that most people can't even do this. So what we did was to keep a dream journal and pen right by our beds. And as soon as we awoke from a dream, we would immediately record the dream, draw images from the dream and try to analyze what happened during the day that might have contributed to the dream, or what kind of conflict etc we were experiencing. We also had a dream dictionary that interpreted symbols that occurred in the dream. This constant process helped one become much more aware of oneself when one entered into the dream state. From there, one can progress into actually entering into the dream and being a third party participant or observer. I often find it so fascinating that I can actually be aware of myself watching myself in a dream. But unlike the article, these lucid dreams typically occur for me, when I am extremely tired or relaxed and in an extraordinarily deep sleep, with no surrounding distractions.

So back to OBE. I don't believe that I've ever had this happen, or perhaps I don't remember it. Not so I can say that so and so happened in another place at such and such a time and someone can verify that occurrences that I thought I saw actually happened. Though, I have heard from my friends that they have either had these experiences or have known people who have had them.
I have a very close friend that I've known since I was very young. Her mother was very sickly when we were growing up and one time she was declared clinically dead-for quite a number of minutes. I remember her mother telling me that she saw her body laying on the table, the doctors calling her death and that she floated down the hall where she saw her husband being told what had happened etc...and hearing someone tell her that it wasn't her time, she had to go back to raise her children. Her husband confirmed the entire conversation that she said she saw, the words spoken, by whom and where they were said. And she lived to be 70 years old... So how can you explain this???

I have read several books on the topic. One I have at hand is called Mind Trek-Exploring Consciousness,Time and Space Through REMOTE VIEWING. By Joseph McMoneagle.

Here's the blurb from the back of the book "In 1970 while serving overseas in the army McMoneagle had a near death experience that opened him to spontaneous psychic flashes. Later, when tested at SRI International, he was confirmed as a world class remote viewer, able to correctly perceive and describe previously unknown people, places, objects or events. As a result he was recruited for top secret military progam named STARGATE to develop and apply remote viewing skills for natural security purposes. For years he honed his intuitive psychic abilities and refined scientific protocols that resulted in the most reliable method of information retrieval.

He demonstrates in the book how the proper use of remote viewing can unleash the great intuitive resources within all of us....

Check out the book. Let me know what you think...

SGbear

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:49 pm

I think you are absolutely correct... most people do not 'see'... we are so overwhelmed by everything around us and our lives and information and stress..... that we simply are unable to connect to any deeper forms of consciousness...

Thats why I think these things tend to happen when you're asleep or deeply relaxed. ALso when people go into deep meditation, they are apparently able to projects etc.

Now, lucid dreaming I've never experienced. As a matter of fact, I rarely dream. About once a month or so I have a dream. Even when theres a memorable experience during the day... I won't dream about it.

I know that book VERY well! Its one of the things I studied very thoroughly when I did research into RV for my shows... Now, its a very fascinating book. You must also (if you haven't yet) watch the videos of Uri Geller at the SRI - he does RV in one of the episodes. Unbelieveable.

So what is ESP? In my opinion its a form of picking up information/ energy from a source outside ourselves (what it is I don't know) that we are able to interpret. I think we are a very long way from finding the full explanation...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SGbear Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:21 am

I bet you do dream, you just don't remember it. Try the journal technique. Keep paper and a pen right by your bed. As soon as you wake up, write down what you're thinking. The thoughts are probably from a dream and you don't realize it consciously. If you keep doing this, you will start to remember your dreams.

SGbear

Back to top Go down

Post  SGbear Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:23 am

I've seen some of that stuff with Uri. I don't know about him. What are your thoughts about him and his "powers"? He's another one who likes to say his powers are supernaturally derived, not just tricks...

SGbear

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:48 pm

Well, I dreamt last night, but we won't talk about it here :-)

Firstly, I have much respect for Uri as a person. Second, yes, he was always very serious about his powers. Now, I guess we'll never know. But he's certainly moved away from that in the last few years. In fact, he calls himself a mentalist now. And he is publicly mixing with magicians on TV (even Bone Rider Criss Angel)... so I guess that tells us something.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down